Friday, November 5, 2010

Ali Baba's Magical Website

So I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I need 5000 of something, and I need it directly from China. In the old days this was a major headache, with all the long distance calls, negotiations and headaches. Luckily, I've discovered a website that caters to my need for large quantities of low quality consumer products. Like these awesome off brand Jordans:



A real steal at $5 a pair, and with a maximum supply capacity of a 1000 pairs a week I have the peace of mind of knowing I'll never run out.

Or these headphones:


Only $3 each, though with a minimum order of 3000 pairs, I'd need to know a lot of music lovers.

Luckily, I can contact the manufacturer directly to haggle with them via the magic of the internet. There's a whole country full of this stuff, and now, with Alibaba.com that stuff can be mine.

3 comments:

  1. so long marketing job, hello sidewalk near penn station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God DAMNIT that website is awesome. It really fulfills my need for absurd, useless things, and I can now rest worry-free knowing that Alibaba exists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that there is a whole category for "beaded belts" and "tiaras" under fashion accessories. didn't know those were in such high demand!

    ReplyDelete