Friday, April 2, 2010

Back To Tokyo

Just drove in to Tokyo late last night. I'll be here until at least the seventh, but I don't have anything to do until the 15th so I might extend my stay a bit to hunt for a job. Last night I stayed at my friend's host-family's house (that's their house/dog (named Benkei) below), and starting today until the 7th I'll be staying in the city I lived in briefly in Chiba-ken, Kashiwa.

So what am I doing today? Hanami, bitches. Fuckin' cherry blossom picnic party extravaganza. Its gonna be brutal. Followed by a night out with some friends at a spot we used to frequent in Kashiwa. This shit is SICK compared to my mundane life in Iwate... god damn I need to find a new job. Tomorrow has me seeing one of my new favorite Japanese bands, Gotsu Totsu Kotsu (self-described Samurai Death Metal - these guys chew up and spit out a fretboard like no-one's business) with another old friend in Shinjuku at a club called Antiknock. Despite it being Sunday night, I'm pretty sure that's going to be the defining out-all-night experience of this trip to Tokyo.

Also, let's talk about mutton chops.

2 comments:

  1. What is your plan for staying in Japan? Looking to stay there another year or so? We have cherry blossoms in DC as well, along with way too many tourists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you wanna talk about too many tourists? I gave a tour to 55 hyperactive 8-year old cub scouts from connecticut. the tour was entirely about the world trade center and 9/11. not entirely sure why...

    we also have ill cherry blossoms

    ReplyDelete