Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Some Help?

So I've decided to try and take on 'managing' a band, and by that I mean getting them signed. Note: this is not a job I'm getting money from, but rather a job I'm doing out of respect for a band who I think really needs to be heard. Anyway, I've got some connections in the 'biz' as it were, but nothing that particularly substantial. My question is, anyone have any ideas about how I might go about this faster than if I just plunge head-first without knowing too much and doing it DIY contacting labels, posting on blogs, and informing others of shows?

Oh, and Vince, you posted a message a while ago about how long I'll be here in Japan. At least until 2011, my brotha. And don't let that not-getting-into-a-journal thing get you down, keep at it.

1 comment:

  1. straight-up? I don't know shit about this shit. theres GOT to be tons of diy helper sites, no? And if there's anyone who ought to just dive in headfirst, hitting up the internet webs, its you bro. do tell how it goes

    ReplyDelete