Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just Tryin' to Have a Weird Time

Remember that? haha, yeah. So I got a text message from Ken a couple weeks ago. I was about to go to bed, when I recieved these words: Hey Jonah. I'm just letting everyone close to me know that it has taken me a long time to figure what who I am and that person is a homosexual and I am proud.

I didn't know whether it was a joke or not, so in order to play it safe, I responded: Terrific! Always happy to hear positive news. When are you coming to New York to celebrate? I figured it was smart to stick with positivity which can teeter on the brink irony and sincerity depending on the truth behind the original message.

I told my girlfriend about it, and being the idealist san-francisco homo-loving hippie she is, she was happy to hear about Ken's coming out of the closet and was surprised at my suggestion that this could be a joke. So I sat in ambiguity about Ken's sexual preference for a while. I mean he's a weird dude, y'know?

It turned out that Peter and some Narc wrote this message to me. I was a little weirded out about the whole deal, being taken a fool and considering one of my best friends from college made a life-altering decision and looking back at our relationship in retrospect, but then i got to thinking...we could have all benefited from a gay friend!

First of all, the joke quotient would've been huge. I mean we've all really taken the Jew jokes for granted, what with Andrew and I being such good sports. We've also been pretty lucky to have Matt Nye around but lord knows THAT gets old after a while. Wouldn't it be bitchin to explore the world of gay jokes with an actual gay friend?! Second of all, think of all the super-cool gay night clubs we could go to, y'know, just to make Ken feel comfortable. Finally, and most obviously, the emotionally detached and free anal sex is the ultimate plus to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment