Tuesday, May 12, 2009

you're so concerned

I haven't posted here in forever...I know ya'll are waiting with bated breath to find out what I'm doing. I'LL TELL YOU STOP SCREAMING AT ME

Soooooo....I'm currently working at a restaurant in Midtown where people are nice and tip between 15 and 20 percent. All of the other waitresses are Irish, as in from Ireland, and it is often hard to understand what they're saying. Especially when they say "wee" instead of "little", and when it's raining outside, they say it's "pissing".

However, I have obtaianed another job - A REAL JOB. I start next Monday, and I'm doing my first "thing" for it on Saturday, a furniture expo type thing where some new home trendz will be exhibited. It's with a furniture contracting/interior design firm, where I'll be doing those things, for hotels, spas and offices. I'll get people furniture from lots of different places, go to furniture events, and help them decide between fabrics. And stuff. It's like a real job, where people will actually have me do real things, and treat me like a real person. At least I hope.

In other news, if you like arts, or farts and/or crafts, peep dis: www.ninedollarsandwich.blogspot.com
I totally made it, and it's where I put my arts. I am in the process of gradually uploading the vast archives of crap I produce, but I do intend to make fresh jams eventually. I have a lot of stuff to upload. Enjoi!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on jobessness (new word--note the missing L from joblessness. meta). I wanna hear about it once it starts being good. Come to the chinee food+show tonight. even if you dont stay for whole show.
    I like your blog. why $9? Pop art+pop culture vapidity=hilarious. especially when we all know its based off of real women (men too?) Are you still working at that bar?
    Your friend,
    Jonah

    ReplyDelete