Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Internet is Down

Which really sucks, because now I have to rely on my school's computers to get things done online (which includes getting my schedules, which makes me a bit wary). However, where I was once paying 0 Yen to get free wifi internet from some chump in my apartment complex, I now am very much against actually paying for the service. Presumably, this situation will be rectified in the near future.

That brings me to another point: since I blew about $1k while in Tokyo I've been living on the cheap from the beginning of this year up until now. What does that mean? Mostly, I've been living on a diet of sticky rice, green tea, and vegetable juice - that is legit no lie. I don't turn on lights. I take showers as quickly as possible, and at the lowest possible acceptable temperature (which, unfortunately, is about the hiottest the water in my PARTICULAR apartment gets). This leaves me with a lot of time, as I'm not sitting around chowing down on fresh seafood or whatever and watching Trailer Park Boys... or whatever..., because if I was then my computer would be on, my kotatsu (heated table & blanket) would be on, my lights would be on, etc.

So what have I been doing instead of being lazy while not kicking ass in the classroom? Almost nothing aside from exercising, reading (as of now 3 books: Camus - The Plague, Embracing Defeat (history of post-war Japan. I forget the author), and Crowley - Magick in Theory and Practice), practicing guitar, studying for the Business Japanese exam (that's Nikyuu of the Nihongo Nouryoku Shiken (2nd tier of the Japanese Brain Power Exam (what a literal translation))), and planning lessons. Unbeknownst to me, this all started right about the time the New Year came in, so I guess it seems that I've accidentally started pursuing a New Year's Resolution of being productive. Weird how that happened, but when yr belly is empty and taste buds 100% unused, you really start looking for things of interest.

Unfortunately, that Brown winning in Mass. deal is one of those things of interest. Man I'm happy I'm not living over there now - the Steelers don't even make the play offs, its unseasonably cold for some strange reason unrelated to 'global warming', and now this Brown dude is pooping all over things that might've, at one point, been pretty ok. The headlines around me? We don't have sports teams outside of high school, weather is pretty normal, and we've got a cute little baby seal, called Tarou-chan, that got lost in one of the rivers of my town... He's alright.

http://mytown.asahi.com/iwate/news.php?k_id=03000001001170002

1 comment:

  1. Keep politics off the blog or I'm going to go ape shit all over all of you liberals!

    ReplyDelete