Wednesday, June 16, 2010

書き過ぎてまた御邪魔しますが~

So one of my friends who I met when I worked at the Japanese camp is bumming around Japan for a few months. He recently suggested we hit up Fuji Rock Festival (being held in Niigata, I believe) on the 30th and 31st of July, and the 1st of August. Those keen devotees of Matt will notice the relative proximity to the Day of My Birth (August 2nd) and will probably think 'oh, neat.' But, I say, THERE IS MORE!

First, here are the lineup highlights:
Muse, Them Crooked Vultures, Massive Attack, Roxy fuckin' Music, John FUCKIN' Fogerty, Scissor Sisters, !!!, Belle & Sebastian, LCD Soundsystem, Third Eye FFUUCCKIN' Blind, Flogging Molly, Broken Social Scene, Lite, Air, and FUCK Magma FUCKKKKK.

Second, there is the suggested mini-adventure of hitching our way there (who knew Japan is purportedly the safest place to hitchhike in the world?!) We would also be camping, in tents, with bonfires and, assumedly, Ronald McDonald popping up here and there in the most creepy, and occasionaly most intimate, of ways.

The down side is that it costs approximately $400 to attend all 3 days, not counting food or anything but the price of admission. I'm pretty sure I'm OK with that... besides, Third Eye Blind?

http://www.smash-uk.com/frf10/

3 comments:

  1. shit dude that sounds awesome. and you'd save some coin if you hitched your way. 400 bones is neat little sum, but it might be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds radical fantastic! You should put up a kickstarter fund just cause its yr fuckin birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hitching totally sounds rad, but goddamn 400 bones is a lot. I think the actual price is somewhere around 39k Yen, but regardless... I think I'll probably go, though I'll definitely commit next month, after a full paycheck comes in (last month was cut by more than half due to spring break). Hopefully it won't sell out.

    Jonah - how do I go about establishing this 'kickstarter' fund? DO people actually give people who don't really need money money?

    ReplyDelete