Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Least Favorite Bug


So, I used to think it was cool that Japan apparently doesn't have any indigenous poisonous spiders... cause I fucking hate spiders. And, you know, when they aren't poisonous, they're still kind of gross, but ultimately I can just throw up a little bit upon seeing one and be on my way after that.

Now, I have a hypothesis on why there are no poisonous spiders in Japan... poisonous anything much at all, if I'm not mistaken: its because Izanagi (probably, the shitty bastard) decided to take all the poison that bugs generally have and terror that bugs generally instill and stick it allllll in the most ultimate, horrifying bug ever.. THE JAPANESE GIANT HORNET.

This shit is like the Dodge Viper of "GETITTHEFUCKAWAYFROMME!!!" buggy mother fuckers. Here are some highlights:

+ Its stinger is a quarter of an inch long, and noticeably drips venom.

+ One component of its venom is a pheromone that attracts more of the bug bastards.

+ They have no natural enemies/predators, because they can kill fucking anything.

+ It can fly up to 25 mph, and likes to chase you.

There's a lot more over at wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

No comments:

Post a Comment