Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Eye Opening Sandwich

Whuttup sluts,

I had the most eye-opening sandwich the other day. It was a ham and cheese with cornichons and grainy mustard, but fellows, the groundbreaking thing about this sandwich was that it was on PRETZEL BREAD. This bread was soft, but so substantially condensed...the crust was so paper-thin, but still had that slight stickiness...what this did was allow your teeth to find that traction, so when you bite down, you had a damn good half-second of doughy wonder before meeting the tasty contents of the sandwich. As for flavor, it had that bare amount of cooked-in smokiness and just a touch of dry saltiness...i can't stop thinking about it.
Its ironic because there was an article about proper pretzel bread in the Times last week. So I now either need to track down spots that offer such a delicacy or learn how to bake my own.

~Scooter

10 comments:

  1. guys we can't talk about meat on the blog anymore; kirby's a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE PRETZEL BREAD!!!

    wait, really? congrats kirb. I've been eating a lot less meat, myself...made a kickass avocado, green pepper, tomato sammich this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate raw chicken the other week. Wusses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is a vegetable? Like, in an existential kind of way...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was hoping more for a basic definition without getting into transadental philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If anything Lauren, we should be talking about meat MORE. Like how & where its processed, and how the 'meat' is raised.

    As for a definition, in saying i eat only 'vegetarian', its meant not eating meat, poultry, mutton or game (duck, goose, other fowl), but that I do eat fish and shellfish, and alot of veggies, breads, dairy, and eggs.

    So I'm not technically eating vegetarian- more of pescetarian diet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahah classic kirby response.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'If I eat this delicious sandwich and no one's looking, will my twin brother's teeth feel it?'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am learning to make pretzels this semester because they are awesome. Also, I apologize for the lateness and irrelevance of this post.

    My mom recently stopped being a vegetarian, so I'm glad to see you guys are at replacement levels.

    ReplyDelete