Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Brief Moments of Real Wonderous Joy

Just to be clear, life isn't all bad post-college. On a few lucky days a month, instead of dragging my ass down to the usual office to sit at the usual desk and do the usual stuff, I get to amble down to the record store, open up shop, and after a few minutes (7 today, a new record low) of turning on lights, computers, register, putting out the sign, etc, I get to sit down behind the desk, put on side two of st. dominic's preview, crack open the July 8th, 1971 issue of rolling stone and read Chet Flippo's piece on Dougie Sahm and his move back to Texas. Sure, no customers have come in yet, and I don't know if any will before 1 when my shift ends, but for these three hours, I am in pure, unmitigated heaven. anyway, back to the paper.

andrew

2 comments:

  1. Good choice with Side Two of SDP, maybe my favorite Van side. Be hip and get wet with the jet set.

    ReplyDelete