Tuesday, February 3, 2009

SEASONALLY unemployed


Meaning the month of January has been a whooooole lot of netflix (30 Rock=god, Twin Peaks=enthralling), not-great video games, a couple movies and failing to find a good date through OKCupid.com (except i finally found a real cool chick who's totally into reiki and not shaving her armpits--score!). I figured I'd write a bit about video games and how remaining a Nintendo loyalist consists of Nintendo saying straight to my face "I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT YOU ANYMORE! BUY TENCHU AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
I started writing a blog for a video game site a while ago, and found that my first three posts basically consisted of bitching about Nintendo Wii games, and then I realized: the only two game discs I bought in the year of 2008 were Smash Bros and Fire Emblem. These were the only remotely hardcore games of 2008. I started writing reviews for all the great WiiWare games, like Megaman 9, World of Goo and Lost Winds...meanwhile the rest of the world is playing Fallout 3, Fable II, Gears 2 and basically good games, meant for people who play games.
Let's take a look at the Wii games of the past few months:
SpongeBob SquarePants Featuring Nicktoons: Globs of Doom
holy shit i could stop right there, but lets continue...
Ski and Shoot
Pirate's Quest: Hunt for Blackbeard's Booty
Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine
Wonder Boy in Monster Land

The average rating for a Wii game in the month of January out of 10.0? 
A bunch of hippies cooking a boot.

After one particularly bad-ass boss battle that ends with saving your friend, the hero says, "Silly! You could have just teleported out of there!"
Duh!
is my blog of exactly what it sounds like. check that shit.
 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I'm playing Fallout 3. You might be happy though, because you aren't in the grasp of a digital life sucking demon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you get a picture of all the people i know here in vermont?

    ReplyDelete